What Sets The Villa Apart from Other Facilities?
We strongly feel how important it is to retain its homelike environment where it genuinely feels like a “home away from home” yet it is still a 15 bed residential care facility for the elderly. Unlike other retirement facilities your family member can be lost or lonely at times just because it is way too big. It is simply difficult for your family member to get the personable care & supervision in a larger size facility. Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better.
At The Villa, we truly empathize how emotionally difficult it can be to see your family member slowly decline as they age. That is why at The Villa, we strongly believe in maximizing personable care & supervision as no two elderly residents are alike, in addition we have a average ratio of 1 caregiver to every 5-6 elderly residents, in comparison to other facilities they have an average ratio of 1:15. Other facilities believe in maximizing more beds, in other words we believe in quality, not quantity. Since The Villa is a smaller facility, our caregivers actually do have a genuine passion to provide comfort care for our elderly resident as they take the time to get acquainted with each & every residents. Our caregivers really do treat your family member as their own.
In general, employee turnover rates are inevitable but most of our 12 staff members have been employed at The Villa for over 5 years. We are aware how drastic & uncomfortable it can be for both the elderly residents & family members to see new faces caring for their family member, as building a close bond & trust is not easy to develop when employees come & go. That is why, at The Villa it is important for us to carefully screen each applicant who have the genuine passion to care for the elderly & are not here for just a paycheck.
When it comes to providing medical/dental transportation (1 hour maximum per appointment), both the facility manager and/or caregiver will attend side by side throughout the entire duration of the appointment & consult with the doctors on behalf of the responsible person, where as other facilities may not always provide transportation or side by side supervision and consultation with resident’s medical doctor. At The Villa, we strongly believe going above & beyond in providing quality care & memorable moments during the residents’ stay.
The Villa provides extensive employee training with various medical practitioners & agencies covering various topics such as Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia, sun downing, medication management, incontinent assistance, bathing, basic first aid, infection control, exercises, wander precaution, 911 emergency protocol, hospice or end of life comfort care & many more. We strongly believe in solidifying the understanding of caring for your family member in order to develop professional competency but more importantly providing compassionate care.
- Obey local, state & federal regulatory compliances that govern our industry.
- Fulfill our obligations to our senior residents as if they are our own relatives.
- Be a faithful care provider in the communities in which we operate.
- Be honest, compassionate & respectful with our senior residents.
- Hire, train & retrain knowledgeable & experienced caregivers who genuinely believe about providing the hightest quality senior care and supervision services so that we can continue to meet the demands & expectations within our industry.
- Provide excellent services to our senior residents & build a loving/professional bond both with our senior residents & family members.
- Stand behind in what we truly believe in, which is to treat those who had paved the way in today's future with the up most respect.
- Do what we do best, which is to ensure our senior residents, caregivers, family members and the entire community to genuinely support and endorse our services is both noble and rewarding in every aspect in order to give back to those we love.